Have you ever had a patient who had difficulty taking the medication you prescribed?
Common reasons for patient non-compliance may include:
- Stomach upset when taking oral medication
- Reluctance to take the medication due to its taste
- Issues with the route of administration, such as difficulty swallowing pills
- Requiring a different dose of medication than that which is available from a manufacturer
- Difficulty keeping track of multiple medications
- Patients who do not want to take medication at all, especially children or pets
Our compounding pharmacist may be able to provide solutions for challenges such as these. Working closely with the patient and the prescriber, compounding gives the pharmacist the means to customize medication to meet the individual needs of each patient.